AML Round #2

Remission counter

Christy's Cancer Counter

Monday, June 6, 2011

Bad news travels fast....

This was suspose to be my 1 year remission anniversary on June 2nd but things didnt go quite like that....



I am pretty sure that I have contacted just about everyone besided my kindergarden teacher and the next door neighbor I had when I was 3. But for those who keep up through this source I will share all the dark and devistating news of the week.


The short version is that I found out at 4pm Friday 6/3 that I have relapes and will be needing a bone marrow transplant after all......



The long version. Tho I have been suffering ups and downs with my health this past year things have been going pretty well. When I went for my monthly blood work in April Dr Nic noted and told me that my white count was somewhat low. He asked if I had been sick and tho I have many cronic issues I hadnt had any real illness, he shrugged it off and sure enough about a week later I got a sinus infection/ear infection cruddy stuff. So thinking that was the cause of the bad count we proceeded with my normal monthly appt. I went in on May 17th and my white count was even lower than before, to the point of being dangerously low now. He started to seem concerned and decided to have me come back in 2 weeks and be rechecked since it just wasnt making sense. Well on Tues May 31st I went in and things had just begun to bottom out, my WBC is below 2, my ANC is 0.5 (normal value is over 1000) and my Hem count which had maintained a steady 14.9 for 11 and 1/2 months was down to 10. Nic scheduled me for a STAT bone marrow biopsy on 6/1 which was miserable but not worth going into... I got the call last thing Friday that the results show that the AML has returned. A bone marrow biopsy after high dose chemo and possibly raditation is the only treatment... there are lots of decisions and plans to be made. I am not sure what source I will use to keep people updated but I will be with my computer throughout my new journey with the devil AML much love and prayers to all my beloved friends and family

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget